Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Rain...

It rains twice a year in Tucson - the monsoons in July/August, and a cold bout of winter rain round about now. It's been raining for a week and the streets are flooded. As when it snows, Tucson always seems to get caught unawares by these incidences of "weather." We have "washes" here and there - deep trenches built into the sides of the roads to redirect the water - but that doesn't help on those streets with no washes. I ventured out this morning to buy curtains, hoping my station wagon would make it through long stretches of foot-deep water, and wasn't surprised to see the aftermath of a car accident at the lights nearest my home.

Can't complain - I love the rain (dog, however, is not impressed) - but I think Tucson needs to invest in storm water drains.

No comments:

Post a Comment