Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Art for Song of Scarabaeus

Over the past few weeks, I ran a contest at my favorite 3D art site, DAZ3D. The contest required forum members to create images relating to Song of Scarabaeus (the first three chapters, anyway, which were available at the time). Here are the winners! They received signed copies of the book and gift certificates.

FIRST PLACE: Wayii

Edie and Finn from chapter 1 - I loved this image because it matches almost exactly the one in my head when I wrote that scene!

SECOND PLACE: LynZem

An imaginative, otherworldly image showing a terraforming team at work.

THIRD PLACE: scorpio64dragon

This one appealed to the romantic in me.

If you're interested in making 3D art (great for fantasy and sci-fi images), click the icon below:

New 3D Artists Start Here

2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

I love the terraforming one - well done, Lyn! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks - the image was keyed from the terms 'viral' used by Sara. So I assume the terraforming is a sliding process of saturating the local environ with a series of custom bacterial & virus mists to 'move life as desired' - a forced march of evolution.

Sounds easy, eh?

Check our the Daz3D link Sara included above - they offer a free 3D tool so you can play at it for fun.

- Lyn

Post a Comment